LFE meets accuracy and control
FV25HP is our answer to the need for a high power home theatre solution that retains the dynamic and accurate bass that we have become known for. Correctly integrated, our vented subwoofers can achieve the tight bass normally associated with a sealed enclosure, yet with greater low frequency output. We recommend this subwoofer for systems in which home theatre has a high priority.
Direct Servo Technology
All our subwoofers use our patented Direct Servo technology. The servo enables precise control over the cone which is essential for tight, dynamic and accurate bass. It also counteracts many different driver non-linearities and allows us to use lighter drivers which avoid the need for excessive amounts of amplifier power.
Some of the benefits of Direct Servo include:
- Dramatic reduction of the re-radiation of bass from inside the box, which is commonly referred to as boxy bass.
- The effects of thermal compression are eliminated under normal operation
- Higher efficiency allowing output which would normally require a more powerful amplifier
- Deep bass extension can be achieved using a low mass driver with superior transient response
- Mechanical and thermal memory effects are reduced, further improving transient response
- The effective Q value is 0.1 resulting in much tighter and accurate bass than conventional designs
HX2000XLR3 Amplifier and Dual DS1520 Driver
FV25HP comes with a grille. The above photo is shown with grill taken off. It uses our new high power HX2000XLR3 servo amplifier and two DS1520 driver. DS1520 features anodized aluminum cone, a 3″ voice coil, and 200 oz magnet. Its linear excursion range has increased to +/- 20mm.