11.2CH 8K Ultra HD AV Surround Pre-Amplifier with HEOS Built-in
The AV7706 is made for home cinema enthusiasts who want everything, versatility, flexibility and musicality. The Pre-Amplifier expertly handles any kind of high-resolution stereo or multichannel audio format. Enjoy superb surround sound audio quality from the latest formats including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D. The AV7706 enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz’s own current feedback HDAMs amplifier modules, before passing them to the high-quality 11.2 channel XLR or 11.2 RCA outputs and separate power amps.
Enjoy exquisite video performance thanks to the latest HDMI technologies such as 8K/60Hz pass-through or upscaling, various HDR format support including HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) and Dynamic HDR, as well as the latest gaming technologies such as 4K/120Hz pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM).
Extensively tuned by world-renowned sound acousticians at the most state-of-the-art facilities, the new Marantz AV7706 leverages decades of experience in Hi-Fi to drive exceptional, audiophile-quality surround sound for all your entertainment
- Premium-performance AV pre-amplifier with 11.2 channel XLR pre-out for maximum home cinema flexibility and musical fidelity
- Featuring the most advanced three-dimensional audio formats: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D processing are all supported to allow you to listen to all of your favourite audio styles.
- Advanced 32-bit Conversion on All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the AV7706 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
- Exclusive components elevate the Marantz sonic signature: Marantz proprietary HDAM circuit boards, Current Feedback circuitry, AKM AK4458 32-bit D/A converters, and Hybrid PLL Clock Jitter Reducer produce more detailed, dynamic sound.
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatized setup and room acoustic correction with Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, Sub EQ HT and Low Frequency Containment deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass with improved definition.
- 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through support for every entertainment need: With the latest technology in HDMI support, enjoy 8K quality video from your 8K source devices or with 8K upscaling from Full HD or 4K sources.
- HDMI eARC Object-Based Audio Support: eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of 3D audio from your TV with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup.
- The greatest technology for home cinema: Support for the latest HDR formats including HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, 4:4:4 colour resolution and BT.2020, as well as Dynamic HDR provides exceptional picture quality for brightness, clarity and contrast.
- The Next Level in Gaming: Enjoy your gaming with 4K/120Hz pass-through, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing.
- HEOS Built-in: Almost unlimited music sources: Stream from music services like Spotify Free and Premium, Amazon Music HD, Tidal and more, or stream directly from smart devices via AirPlay 2 or Bluetooth
- Phono EQ Stage with HDAM: The HDAM component of the Marantz AV7706 outperforms op-amp solutions due to its high speed and maintains a clean audio signal for exceptional sound performance.
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs: Surround yourself with even, accurate bass. The AV7706 features two subwoofer outputs to smooth low frequencies and improve bass dispersion, avoiding peaks and audible dips. Connected subwoofers can be calibrated independently thanks to Audyssey Sub EQ HT technology for more seamless bass performance tailored to your room.
Advanced 11.2 channel pre-amplifier
Experience a versatile home theatre setup with the new Marantz AV7706 processor/pre-amplifier. Featuring 11.2 channel XLR and RCA pre-outs, the AV7706 is built with masterful-quality external power amplification for the most demanding active speakers. Enjoy the audiophile sound you expect from Marantz combined with the latest video and audio decoding, as well as voice control with your favourite voice assistants.
With 11.2 channel pre-outs on both conventional RCA sockets and balanced XLRs, the AV7706 is designed to work alongside high-quality external power amplifiers like the Marantz MM8077, MM7055, and MM7025. Not only is it a superb AV processor, the AV7706 is an extraordinary analogue preamplifier with an HDAM circuit board. Using Marantz-proprietary HDAMs, the preamp section of the AV7706 provides optimal channel separation, minimum crosstalk, and enhanced signal to noise ratio for precise detail resolution and stereo imaging, while the ELNA capacitators of the analogue section ensure exceptional clarity, resolution and dynamic ability. All put together in the right ratio guarantees the incomparable Marantz sound.
Advanced 8K HDMI connectivity with eARC support
The new Marantz AV7706 includes 8 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs for all your favourite sources. One dedicated 8K input supports 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz pass-through capability, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through while the latest HDCP 2.3 copy protection standard is supported on all HDMI inputs. Showcasing all the latest HDMI technology and specifications, the AV7706 lets you take your home entertainment to the next level with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, ALLM, VRR, QMS, and QFT support. The video processor can also upscale your native video source up to 8K quality. In addition, the AV7706 features HDMI eARC which supports 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® in masterful quality from your TV source. For your convenience, your HDMI inputs automatically rename themselves with information provided by the source when available.
Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional audio with the latest surround formats, including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual:X™, IMAX® Enhanced, and Auro-3D®.
The next chapter in movie entertainment
The new AV7706 offers the highest-quality, crystal-clear viewing experience. Enjoy your movies with 8K/60Hz pass-through or upscaling, as well the latest in HDMI technology like Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS), which is used in movies to eliminate video delay.
Marantz HDAM and current feedback topology
The AV7706 features exclusive Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) technology that provides ultra-fast slew rate, true wideband performance, and maximum dynamic range for optimum sound quality. Current Feedback technology, first introduced by Marantz nearly 70 years ago, replaces voltage feedback configuration that’s typical of AV receivers and delivers wide, closed-loop bandwidth and steep slew rate for superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
More than 60 Years of audiophile heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters, the AV7706 continues our long tradition of delivering a best-in-class listening experience for music and cinema.
DTS:X® immersive audio content places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all of your favourite movies. DTS Virtual:X™ provides immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 7.1, 5.1 or 2.1 speaker arrangement.
You can feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos®. Enjoy a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker system and four additional overhead speakers or four Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience — including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
For those without in-ceiling speakers, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology leverages Dolby’s deep understanding of human audio perception to create the sensation of overhead sound from listener-level speakers.