Enter the World of Pure Hi-Fi
The A-9010 introduces high-current WRAT power at its most affordable price ever. Bring all your digital and analog sources to life thanks to the generous selection of digital and analog audio inputs, built-in phono equalizer, and quality Wolfson® DAC. As the latest addition to Onkyo’s range of Pure Hi-Fi separates, the A-9010 is engineered with sound quality as the foremost priority. Inside the chassis are discrete low-impedance amplifiers, an extruded aluminum heat sink, and audio-grade capacitors designed to support high current delivery with low distortion. Other high-value inclusions such as the independent headphone amplifier, gold-plated transparent speaker posts, and chunky knobs for volume, tone, and input selection mark this as a high-quality product. Whether you’re giving in to a vinyl addiction, discovering the possibilities of Hi-Res Audio, or just want an amp that’s versatile enough for a bit of everything—from big TV sound on movie night to CDs on Sunday morning—then this is the product for you.
Authentic High-Fidelity Amplification System
When it comes to sound quality, amperage (current) is more important than wattage. Wide Range Amplifier Technology (WRAT) uses high current to maintain precise control of the speaker drivers for accurate and musical audio reproduction, from the most delicate piano passages to an orchestra in full flight. To achieve this, the A-9010 features a large EI transformer and audio-grade capacitors with an extruded aluminum heat sink to keep the amps cool. The amplifier circuits have discrete low-impedance output stages with heavy-duty transistors for instantaneous power and low distortion, while closed ground-loop circuits help to minimize noise. Together, these technologies deliver detailed, full-bodied sound whether you’re listening to compressed digital music or a vinyl record.
More Digital and Analog Connections
The A-9010 features 192 kHz/24-bit-capable coaxial and 96 kHz/24-bit optical inputs to accept Hi-Res, lossless, or compressed audio signals from source devices including PCs and media streamers. Digital inputs let you explore the world of computer audio, send the sound from your TV to the amp and speaker system, or allow the A-9010’s high-quality Wolfson® D/A conversion stage to take over when playing compact discs.
Separate Headphone Amplification Circuitry
Live it up even when you gotta keep it down. The A-9010 includes an independent headphone amplifier powerful enough to drive your high-impedance cans with a sound signature that’s clear and detailed. Thanks to the digital inputs and Wolfson DAC, you can plug in your PC and enjoy stadium-sized sound without bothering anyone.
Enjoy Pure Analog Playback of Vinyl Records
Unlike many stereo amps in this price range, the A-9010 features a built-in MM phono equalizer, allowing you to connect up a turntable—we think our CP-1050 is the perfect choice—and enjoy your record collection with dynamic and engaging analog sound. When an incoming analog signal is detected, the receiver automatically shuts down the digital circuitry to prevent interference so you can enjoy clear and detailed sound.
Wolfson Digital-to-Analog Converter
The A-9010 features the same high-quality Wolfson WM8718 DAC unit as its bigger brother, the A-9050, which sits just below our Reference models in the Pure Hi-Fi amplifier range. Capable of decoding PCM signals to 192 kHz and 24-bit resolution, the WM8718 is noted for its low out-of-band noise performance and ability to create beautifully open and airy analog sound from digital sources.
- 44 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, IEC)
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology) with Discrete Amplifier Output Circuitry
- High Quality Wolfson WM8718 192 kHz/24-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Four Digital Audio Inputs (Optical and Coaxial)
- Coaxial Supports Sampling Rates Up to 192 kHz/24-bit (Optical 96 kHz/24-bit)
- Independent Headphone Amplification Circuitry
- High-Current Low-Impedance Drive
- Four Audio-Grade Capacitors
- Extruded Aluminum Heat Sink
- Thick Speaker Plates To Maintain Signal Quality
- Gold-Plated Screw-type Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
- Automatic Digital Circuitry Shutdown Function for Pure Analog Sound
- Tone Controls (Bass/Treble/Balance)
- 5 Analog Audio Inputs (4 Rear / 1 Front) and 1 Output (Rear)
- Phono Input (MM) and Phono Equalizer
- 6.3 mm Headphone Jack
- RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control
- Low 0.4 W Power Consumption on Standby
- Power Output: 44 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, IEC)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz−100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Line 1)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 129.5 x 332.5 mm
- Weight: 6.5 kg