Hi-Res Audio with an Analog Soul
The NS-6170 combines the accessibility and usability of digital audio with the soul of analog, transforming how you experience music on your Hi-Fi system. A wideband DIDRC Filter enhances flagship dual-differential DACs at the heart of a separately powered twin-monaural L/R channel circuit layout. These technologies help articulate the distinctive and nuanced instrumental resonances contained in Hi-Res Audio signals, but with a richness and vitality seldom associated with digital listening. Connect your HDD music library via USB and flick through terabytes of tunes like fingers through a crate of records using the Onkyo Controller app, or stream whatever’s playing from mobile to the player and other supported components over Chromecast built-in*, or FlareConnect™*. Every day is a new adventure in sound, and all through the same amp and speakers that make your LPs sing.
Engineered for Hi-Res Audio
Hi-Res Audio contains more information and therefore more of the recording’s atmosphere, allowing you to hear and feel things you miss with other formats. The NS-6170 is built from the ground up to preserve the fidelity of DSD 11.2 MHz and 192/24 Hi-Res Audio formats so you get a complete sonic picture.
Wideband DIDRC Filter
DIDRC (Dynamic Intermodulation Distortion Reduction Circuitry) Filter replaces standard DAC output filters. Hi-Res Audio covers a much wider frequency band than CDs, and conventional filters can’t erase noise that falls outside that spectrum. This interference alters the harmonic character of audible sound. Wideband DIDRC Filter erases ultra-high- frequency distortion for unparalleled fidelity.
Connect and Play HDD Audio via USB
Connect mass-storage-class HDDs via front or rear USB inputs and put your entire digital music collection at your fingertips. Use the new Onkyo Controller app to browse, select, and play albums from HDD quickly and easily.
Chromecast built-in* for Mobiles and PCs
Chromecast built-in* lets you cast audio from your mobile or laptop to the NS-6170. Control playback via familiar apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android™ devices as well as Mac, Windows®, and Chromebook™ computers.
Stream Audio with AirPlay
Send app-based audio from Apple laptops, PCs, and iOS mobile devices to the Network Audio Player over AirPlay in moments.
Selectable Dual-band Wi-Fi®
Connected homes mean more network traffic. Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® lets you select an uncongested channel for smooth and stable wireless streaming.
Any Music You Want, When You Want It
TIDAL, Deezer(Deezer HiFi*1), and TuneIn streaming and internet radio services are conveniently accessible using the Onkyo Controller app or remote controller. This Network Audio Player also supports direct streaming from the Spotify Connect application.
Separate Power Supply Paths for Stereo Precision
The NS-6170 features a twin monaural layout for L/R channels with separate power supply paths, upgraded transformer, and extra-large audio capacitors for left and right DACs. This dual design enhances power stability and precision for extremely accurate stereo playback, adding authenticity and emotion to the musical experience.
Dual-Differential DAC Configuration
Flagship AK4490 768 kHz/32-bit DACs for L/R channels decode the positive and negative halves of the signal waveform separately. As well as improving voltage stability and dropping the noise floor, dual-differential DAC configuration increases bandwidth and pulls every detail from Hi-Res Audio.
Intuitive Control with Onkyo Controller app
Control playback from anywhere within Wi-Fi® range, select and stream music from onboard services, and explore music on connected HDDs with a new, user-focused remote control application for iOS*1 and Android™*2.
*3 Requires Android 4.0.3 or later.
FlareConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
FlareConnect* shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller** app.
* Sharing audio from external inputs is enabled with a firmware update. External audio inputs supporting FlareConnect may differ depending on model. Please consult individual product specification for more information. ** Download free from the App Store or Google Play.
- Supports Hi-Res Audio Playback: DSD (DSF/DIFF) to 11.2 MHz; FLAC, WAV, Apple Lossless, and AIFF to 192 kHz/24-bit
- 2 x USB Type-A Inputs (Front and Rear) for Audio Playback via Mass-Storage Class HDDs* with Easy Music Selection via Onkyo Controller App for iOS*1 and Android™*2
- Chromecast built-in*3, Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, and Spotify®
- Support for TIDAL, Deezer(Deezer HiFi*3), and TuneIn Streaming Services*4
- DAB+ and FM/RDS Tuner with 40 Station Presets
- FlareConnect*3 Multi-room Audio Distribution to Compatible Components and Speakers
- Supports a Variety of Compressed Audio Formats Including MP3, MPEG4 AAC, and WMA
- Jog/Push/Enter Controls Including Power ON/OFF, Play/Pause, and Stop
* Onkyo cannot guarantee, nor has tested, correct operation with all HDD brands and device types. HDD must be formatted to FAT32. For more information, please refer to user manual or Onkyo website.
*1 Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
*2 Requires Android OS 4.0.3 or later.
*3 Service enabled via firmware update.
*4 Availability of listed services is accurate at time of publication, but is subject to change without notice. Some services may require a subscription.
PREMIUM AUDIO FEATURES:
- Wideband DIDRC Filter Eliminates Ultra-High-Frequency Distortion Common to Hi-Res Audio for Ultimate Clarity and Realism
- Dual-Differential AKM 768 kHz/32-bit AK4490 DACs for Left and Right Channels
- Separate Power-supply Paths for L/R Channels to Enhance Stability
- Twin Monaural L/R Channel Circuit Layout for Precision Stereo Imaging
- Custom EI Transformer for Clean and Consistent Power Supply
- Dedicated Heavy-duty High-grade Capacitors for Left- and Right-Channel DACs
- High-Quality Audio-Grade Circuit Componentry
- Aluminum Front Panel and Robust Anti-Resonant Full-Flat Chassis
- Large AC Inlet for Thick Power Cable
- Stable Anti-Vibration Insulator Feet
- 2 x USB (Type-A) Inputs (Front and Rear)
- Gold-plated Analog L/R Audio Outputs
- Gold-Plated 192 kHz/24-bit-capable Coaxial and Optical Digital Audio Outputs
- Ethernet Port (LAN)
- RI (Remote Interactive) Input/Output for Limited Control of Compatible Components with Included Remote
- Large AC Inlet (Detachable Cable Included)
- Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® for Stable Wireless Connectivity
- Auto Standby and Wake on Network Signal Detection Functions
- One-Line Dimmable FL Display
- Remote Interactive (RI) Remote Controller
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz–70 kHz (192 kHz/24-bit)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 115 dB (192 kHz/24-bit, LPF 22 kHz, A-Weight, 1 kHz)
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.002% (192 kHz/24-bit, LPF 22 kHz, 1 kHz)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 100 x 317 mm
- Weight: 4.5 kg