Sophisticated Two-Channel Pre-Amp for Sublime Audio
Despite being at the cutting edge of the burgeoning home theater market, Onkyo has never forgotten its roots in pure hi-fi audio. With the P-3000R, we present a streamlined two-channel pre-amplifier that packs a treasure trove of stunning audio technology. The P-3000R handles both analog and digital sources, with connectivity options including AES/EBU digital connectors and a USB input for PC audio. Separate 192 kHz/32-bit Burr-Brown DACs for each channel ensure accurate digital-to-analog conversion. Meanwhile, to minimize interference and maintain signal quality, the P-3000R employs noise-reducing DIDRC technology, a vibration-resistant chassis design, and independent amplifier circuitry. Thanks to the P-3000R’s bi-amping capability, you also have greater flexibility in how you set up your system. As always, the job of all this advanced hardware is to bring you closer to your music and let you feel the unique resonance of each individual instrument.
DIDRC (Dynamic Intermodulation Distortion Reduction Circuitry)
Since the advent of digital audio, signal-to-noise ratios have improved dramatically. However, the S/N ratio reflects static noise only, and takes no account of another type of noise that occurs as the byproduct of sound reproduction—dynamic noise. To reduce this type of noise, Onkyo has developed DIDRC technology for use in our hi-fi components. Despite being beyond the normal range of human hearing, frequencies above 100 kHz are susceptible to clock pulse and other forms of distortion from digital devices. Such distortion in the super-high-frequency range can generate “beat interference”, which in turn affects the character or atmosphere of the original sound. By improving linearity and reducing distortion in the super-high-frequency range, Onkyo’s new DIDRC technology effectively reduces perceptible noise and delivers clearer-than-ever audio.
Separate Digital/Analog Circuitry and Transformers
To prevent unwanted interference, the P-3000R employs physically separate circuitry for digital and analog processing. What’s more, it also features separate transformers for digital and analog circuitry. Using this design approach helps to eliminate noise and contributes to a cleaner overall sound.
Separate TI Burr-Brown DACs for L/R Channels
High-quality TI Burr-Brown DACs work to optimize analog audio performance on Onkyo’s new hi-fi components. The P-3000R pre-amp sports dual 32-bit PCM1795 DACs, which support sampling rates of up to 192 kHz, display high resistance to clock jitter, and handle a 123 dB dynamic range. Although these DACs can process two-channel audio on a single chip, Onkyo employs separate chips for each stereo channel, to ensure the most accurate digital-to-analog conversion.
- DIDRC (Dynamic Intermodulation Distortion Reduction Circuitry)
- Separate Digital/Analog Circuitry
- Separate Massive Transformers for Digital/Analog Circuitry (Toroidal Transformer for Analog Circuitry)
- Separate Anti-Vibration Aluminum Panels for Top, Front, and Sides
- New Circuit Board Construction to Reduce Vibration
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Ultra-Low Jitter Technology
- Sampling Rate Control (Up to 192 kHz)
- Separate Burr-Brown 192 kHz/32-Bit DACs (PCM1795) for L/R Channels
- Direct Mode
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble)
- Independent Headphone Amplifier
- Discrete Phono Equalizer
- Phono Input (MM)
- USB Digital Input for 192 kHz/32-Bit HD Audio from PC*
- 5 Digital Inputs (AES/EBU, 2 Optical, and 2 Coaxial) and 1 Output (Optical)
- Separate L/R Bi-Amping-Capable Pre-Outs
- Gold-Plated, Machined Solid Brass, 19 mm-Pitch Audio Terminals
- 12 V Trigger Out
- Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Off)
*Playback of PC audio requires dedicated software that can be downloaded from an Onkyo website.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz–100 kHz/0 dB, -3 dB
- S/N Ratio: 110 dB (Line, IHF-A), 80 dB (Phono, IHF-A)
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise): 0.05% (20 Hz–20 kHz, Rated power)
- WHD: 435 x 99 x 333.1 mm
- Weight: 11.0 kg