Make Multidimensional Sound Your Theater’s Crowning Glory
Update your lovingly assembled home theater and join the object-based sound revolution with a flexible and sophisticated controller capable of delivering a full-scale multidimensional surround-sound experience without caveat or compromise. DTS:X® and Dolby Atmos® formats are decoded and sent to your power-amp and floorstanding/in-ceiling speaker layout with utmost fidelity through RCA or XLR pre-outs, unlocking a truly immersive theate experience. Premium DACs and VLSC™ assures stunning purity for Hi-Res Audio, such as 11.2 MHz DSD, while separate digital/analog circuitry prevents interference on audio signals. Together with comprehensive wired and wireless multi-room A/V capabilities, app-based streaming via Chromecast built-in*, DTS Play-Fi®*, FlareConnect™*, Wi-Fi®, and AirPlay, and the latest HDMI® connections supporting BT.2020 and HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision™*) pass-through, this beautifully crafted centerpiece boasts every convenience to smooth the transition to next-generation entertainment.
THX® Ultra2™ Plus-Certified for Reference Sound
Combined with a THX®-certified amplifier, the PR-RZ5100 controller’s THX® Ultra2™ Plus certification assures distortion-free Theater Reference Volume in large home theaters. Certified products are subjected to the industry’s toughest bench-tests to satisfy THX® requirements for audio performance. .
Why Upgrade to an RZ Series Product?
Onkyo strives to create products that bring joy to the listener. The RZ Series is the culmination of 70 years of experience in high-end audio: future-focused, but with the analog tradition at heart. Every design element, every hand-selected part contributes to flagship performance: full-spectrum reproduction, transparent resolution, lightning dynamics, a sense of rhythm and soul… performance that overwhelms and fills you with emotion.
Noiseless Signal Processing with VLSC™
No matter how good the DAC, pulse noise is an inevitable consequence of digital-to-analog conversion. VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) compares vectors from the input/output signal and uses that information to erase digital noise. A pure, noise-free analog signal is fed to your amps, resulting in improved detail resolution and clarity.
Get the Complete DTS:X® and Dolby Atmos® Experience
With 11.2 pre-amp channels, you can let your speakers deliver a complete multidimensional movie experience in your home theater through a 7.2.4 layout. Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X unlock sound from conventional channels and free audio to move above and around the audience for a thoroughly captivating and immersive movie experience.
Cohesive Multidimensional Sound
AccuReflex—part of the AccuEQ room calibration suite—phase-matches height and floor-standing speakers for transparent and seamless reproduction of object-based sound. AccuEQ optimizes the entire system to suit your space without affecting front-speaker characteristics for pure stereo listening.
Works with Sonos
Welcome your new A/V receiver into the Sonos Home Sound System family—just pair it with a Sonos Connect and let Onkyo sound join the party. “Works with Sonos” means a product is designed to fit seamlessly into the Sonos ecosystem, and will wake from standby, switch inputs, and commence playback at your desired volume whenever selected from the Sonos app. Just by adding a Sonos Connect, you upgrade the streaming capabilities of your Onkyo home theater, and thanks to RCA and optical/coaxial digital audio outputs, both setup flexibility and sound quality are outstanding. The Sonos app, meanwhile, gathers all your favorite streaming sources into one beautiful interface so you can orchestrate entertainment all over the home. Even guests can join in by installing the Sonos app on their devices.
FlareConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
FlareConnect* shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller** app.
For external input availability, click here
Upmixes Standard Surround Formats
DTS Neural:X™ retrieves spacial cues from standard multichannel formats and upmixes for a 3D soundtrack that’s virtually identical to a native DTS:X source, giving your existing Blu-ray library a new lease on life.
Chromecast built-in*, DTS Play-Fi®*, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
Popular smartphone and PC music apps let you mirror what’s playing to your PR-RZ5100 within moments using Chromecast built-in and DTS Play-Fi. The receiver also features AirPlay, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi for universal wireless audio support, including DSD up to 11.2 MHz.
Spotify®, Deezer(Deezer HiFi*), TIDAL, and TuneIn
Enjoy any music you want on your home theater via these popular smartphone and PC applications or via Onkyo Controller.
Housewide Playback of Any Source
Put extra speakers you have to good use—plug them in to an external power amp connected to the controller using its Zone 2 and Zone 3 pre-/line-outs. Dedicated DACs and smartphone control app lets you manage digital and analog content via the controller in any zone.
Latest Dual-Zone HDMI®
Select HDMI terminals support HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision™*) pass-through, 4:4:4 color-space, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2 for next-generation Ultra HD Blu-ray, streaming 4K video, and 4K/60 Hz PC-based gaming. Zone 2 output transmits 4K home theater sources to a second TV.
- THX® Ultra2™ Plus Certification
- Native DTS:X® and Dolby Atmos® to 7.2.4 Channels
- DTS Neural:X™ Upmixing for Legacy Multichannel Formats
- Works with Sonos*
- Chromecast built-in*1, DTS Play-Fi®*1, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth® Audio Streaming
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FlareConnect™*1 Multi-Room Wireless Technology
- HDMI® 8 In (1 Front), Main Out, Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2/HDR*2)
* Requires a free firmware update.
- THX® Ultra2™ Plus Theater-Reference Audio Performance
- 7.2.4-channel DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Audio Decoding
- DTS Neural:X™ Upmixes Standard 5.1 and 7.1 formats to 3D Sound
- HDMI Supports 4K/60 Hz, BT.2020, HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision™*1) Pass-through, 4:4:4 Color Space, and HDCP 2.2-protected Video*2
- Customized and Shielded Low-Hum Transformer and Separate Transformer for Standby
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) Noise-free Signal Processing for All Channels
- Works with Sonos enabling integration into the Sonos Home Sound System with automatic power up, input switching, and volume preset via the Sonos app
- Chromecast built-in, DTS Play-Fi, AirPlay, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, TuneIn, Spotify®, TIDAL*1, and Deezer(Deezer HiFi)*1 Audio Streaming*3
- Network/USB Audio (DSD 11.2 MHz [Stereo], 192/24 PCM, Dolby® TrueHD, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AAC, MP3, WMA)
- Whole House Mode Function
- AccuEQ Calibration with AccuReflex for Seamless Object-based, Multichannel, and Stereo Sound (Setup Mic Included)
- FlareConnect Multi-room Audio Distribution to Compatible Components and Speakers
- 11.2 Multichannel and XLR Pre-Outs for Amplifier Connection
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuitry for S/PDIF Audio
- Onkyo Controller*4 App for iOS and Android™ Devices
*1 Service enabled via firmware update.
*2 6G Video/HDCP 2.2 supported on HDMI inputs 1–5, Main Out, and Zone 2 Out.
*3 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a paid subscription and firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice.
*4 For iOS and Android™ devices. Please check App Store or Google Play for device and OS requirements.
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Surround, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express, DTS Neural:X™, THX® Cinema/Music/Game, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- Separate 384 kHz/32-bit AK4490 Stereo DAC (Front L/R), 2 x 768 kHz/32-bit AK4458 Multichannel DACs (Surround Channels)
- Discrete 192 kHz/24-bit AK4388 Stereo DACs (x2) for Zone 2 and Zone 3
- Multiple 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/7 Rear), Main, and Zone 2 Outputs
- Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output) and 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 5 Digital Audio Inputs (3 Optical and 2 Coaxial) and 7 Analog Audio Inputs
- Phono Input (MM) for Turntable Connection
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability (Rear Input)
- 11.2 Multichannel and XLR Pre-Outs
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 Pre-/Line Outs
- Dual Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- 12 V Trigger Out (Assignable) with IR Input; Supports IP and RS232
- 6.3 mm Headphone Input
- Tone Controls (Bass/Treble) ±10 dB for All Channels
- Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40 ⁄ 50 ⁄ 60 ⁄ 70 ⁄ 80 ⁄ 90 ⁄ 100 ⁄ 120 ⁄ 150 ⁄ 180 ⁄ 200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- New Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Setup Function
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- 40 FM/AM and 40 Internet Radio Station Presets
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Control Knob
- Simple Remote Control
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 201 x 447.5 mm
- Weight: 13.6 kg