For Multidimensional Sound Without Compromise
Our flagship A/V receiver’s fathomless high-current power and lightning dynamic performance make it the ultimate in 7.2.4-channel home theater. Match with floorstanding speakers and in-ceiling height speakers for accurate, lush, and exuberant sound that transports your audience into the film director’s world. As well as transcendent cinema and stereo music, the TX-RZ3100 serves entertainment around your home with wired or wireless multi-zone audio, Zone 2 HDMI®, and network audio platforms including Chromecast built-in*, FlareConnect™*, and DTS Play-Fi®* that stream music from apps to the home theater and beyond. Select HDMI terminals enable 4K/60p video with BT.2020, 4:4:4 color space, and HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision™*) pass-through for spectacular images on the latest TVs and projectors. Ready for custom home integration, the TX-RZ3100 is crafted with passion for the passionate listener.
Ultimate DTS:X® and Dolby Atmos® Home Theater
With 11.2 channels of instantaneous power from an uncommonly small body, the TX-RZ3100 enables the current maximum Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X home-theater layout of 7.2.4 channels in a self-contained component for the ultimate in multidimensional object- based surround-sound.
THX®-Certified for Theater Reference Sound
THX® Select2™ Plus guarantees distortion-free Theater Reference Volume in your home. Certified products are subjected to the industry’s toughest bench-tests to satisfy THX® requirements for audio performance.
Introducing Onkyo High-Current Digital Amplification
The TX-RZ3100 combines high-current driving architecture with sophisticated digital amplification and filtering technology. Noise-reduction hardware including a new custom low-hum transformer delivers fast dynamics, thrilling power, and stunningly precise detail resolution. Painstakingly tuned for velvet-smooth and emotionally evocative audio reproduction, Onkyo High-Current Digital is where power meets control.
Cohesive Multidimensional Sound
AccuReflex—part of the AccuEQ room calibration suite—phase-matches height and floor-standing speakers for transparent and seamless reproduction of object-based sound. AccuEQ optimizes the entire system to suit your space without affecting front-speaker characteristics for pure stereo listening.
Works with Sonos
Welcome your new A/V receiver into the Sonos Home Sound System family—just pair it with a Sonos Connect and let Onkyo sound join the party. “Works with Sonos” means a product is designed to fit seamlessly into the Sonos ecosystem, and will wake from standby, switch inputs, and commence playback at your desired volume whenever selected from the Sonos app. Just by adding a Sonos Connect, you upgrade the streaming capabilities of your Onkyo home theater, and thanks to RCA and optical/coaxial digital audio outputs, both setup flexibility and sound quality are outstanding. The Sonos app, meanwhile, gathers all your favorite streaming sources into one beautiful interface so you can orchestrate entertainment all over the home. Even guests can join in by installing the Sonos app on their devices.
FlareConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
FlareConnect* shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller** app.
For external input availability, click here
Chromecast built-in*, DTS Play-Fi®*, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
Popular smartphone and PC music apps let you mirror what’s playing to your TX-RZ3100 with ease using Chromecast built-in and DTS Play-Fi. The receiver also features AirPlay, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi for universal wireless audio support, including DSD up to 11.2 MHz.
Spotify®, Deezer(Deezer HiFi*), TIDAL, and TuneIn
Enjoy any music you want on your home theater via these popular smartphone and PC applications or via Onkyo Controller.
Upmixes Standard Surround Formats
DTS Neural:X™ retrieves spacial cues from standard multichannel formats and upmixes for 3D playback that’s virtually identical to a native DTS:X source, giving your existing Blu-ray library a new lease on life.
Housewide Playback of Any Source
Put extra speakers you have to good use—connect them to the receiver’s Powered Zone 2 and Powered Zone 3 outputs. Dedicated DACs and smartphone control options let you manage content in any zone, making housewide sound a practical proposition.
Latest Dual-Zone HDMI®
Select HDMI terminals support HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision™*) pass-through, 4:4:4 color-space, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2 for next-generation Ultra HD Blu-ray, streaming 4K video, and 4K/60 Hz PC-based gaming. Zone 2 output transmits 4K home theater sources to a second TV.
- 200 W per Channel
- THX® Select2™ Plus Certification
- Native DTS:X® and Dolby Atmos® to 7.2.4 Channels
- DTS Neural:X™ Upmixing for Legacy Multichannel Formats
- Works with Sonos*
- Chromecast built-in*1, DTS Play-Fi®*1, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth® Audio Streaming
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FlareConnect™*1 Multi-Room Wireless Technology
- HDMI® 8 In (1 Front), Main Out, Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2/HDR*2)
* Requires a free firmware update.
- THX® Select2™ Plus Theater-Reference Audio Performance
- 7.2.4-channel DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Audio Decoding
- DTS Neural:X™ Upmixes Standard 5.1 and 7.1 formats to 3D Sound
- HDMI Supports 4K/60 Hz, BT.2020, HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision™*1) Pass-through, 4:4:4 Color Space, and HDCP 2.2-protected Video*2
- Works with Sonos enabling integration into the Sonos Home Sound System with automatic power up, input switching, and volume preset via the Sonos app
- Chromecast built-in, DTS Play-Fi, AirPlay, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, TuneIn, Spotify®, TIDAL*1, and Deezer(Deezer HiFi)*1 Audio Streaming*3
- Network/USB Audio (DSD 11.2 MHz [Stereo], 192/24 PCM, Dolby® TrueHD, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AAC, MP3, WMA)
- Powered Zone 2 and Powered Zone 3 Outputs for Multi-room Analog and Digital (HDMI/Network/OPT/COAX) Audio with Independent Volume/Tone Controls
- Whole House Mode Function
- AccuEQ Calibration with AccuReflex for Seamless Object-based, Multichannel, and Stereo Sound (Setup Mic Included)
- FlareConnect Multi-room Audio Distribution to Compatible Components and Speakers
- 11.2 Multichannel Pre-Outs for User Setup Customization
- Quality Banana-plug Speaker Posts with Transparent Knobs
- Onkyo Controller*4 App for iOS and Android™ Devices
*1 Service enabled via firmware update.
*2 6G Video/HDCP 2.2 supported on HDMI inputs 1–5, Main Out, and Zone 2 Out.
*3 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a paid subscription and firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice.
*4 For iOS and Android™ devices. Please check App Store or Google Play for device and OS requirements.
- Onkyo High-Current Digital Amplification for Smooth Low-Distortion Power
- Customized High-Output Transformer, Custom Audio-Grade Capacitors, Separate Transformer for Standby
- Separated Digital and Analog Circuitry to Reduce Interference
- Extruded Metal Heat Sink with Polycarbonate Cooling Fan
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) Noise-free Signal Processing for All Channels
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuitry for S/PDIF Audio
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Surround, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express, DTS Neural:X™, THX® Cinema/Music/Game, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- Separate 384 kHz/32-bit AK4490 Stereo DAC (Front L/R), 2 x 768 kHz/32-bit AK4458 Multichannel DACs (Surround Channels)
- Discrete 192 kHz/24-bit AK4388 Stereo DACs (x2) for Zone 2 and Zone 3
- Multiple 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/7 Rear), Main, and Zone 2 Outputs
- Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output) and 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 5 Digital Audio Inputs (3 Optical and 2 Coaxial) and 7 Analog Audio Inputs
- Phono Input (MM) for Turntable Connection
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability (Rear Input)
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 Powered Speaker Outputs
- 11.2 Multichannel Pre-Outs and Zone 2/3 Pre-/Line Outs
- Dual Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- 12 V Trigger Out (Assignable) with IR Input; Supports IP and RS232
- 6.3 mm Headphone Input
- Tone Controls (Bass/Treble) ±10 dB for All Channels
- Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40 ⁄ 50 ⁄ 60 ⁄ 70 ⁄ 80 ⁄ 90 ⁄ 100 ⁄ 120 ⁄ 150 ⁄ 180 ⁄ 200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- New Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Setup Function
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- 40 FM/AM and 40 Internet Radio Station Presets
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Control Knob
- Simple Remote Control
- Power Output: 200 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 340 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 201 x 453 mm
- Weight: 19.7 kg