A Receiver to Make Dreams a Reality
If you’re dreaming of the high-end on a mid-level budget, here’s your solution. Engineered for immensely powerful yet controlled THX® Theater Reference sound, the TX-RZ810 comes with features you really want, such as Chromecast built-in*, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®. Add optional wireless speakers to other rooms and mirror network music and audio via external analog inputs via FlareConnect™** using Onkyo Controller to manage playback, or enjoy multi-zone music with Powered Zone 2 outputs and Zone 3 line outputs. Zone 2 HDMI® shares 6G video on a second display, making the TX-RZ810 not only a wall-shaking powerhouse, but also a hub for distributed entertainment. Boasting a similar 5 Hz-capable build as our flagships—separate analog/digital circuitry, massive transformer, huge capacitors, and discrete amps—the TX-RZ810’s sheer agility and dynamism exceeds the highest expectations.
** Enabled with a firmware update. Optional compatible speakers required.
THX®-Certified for Theater Reference Sound
THX® certification guarantees the same high volume and low distortion you experience in a theater in your listening room. To achieve THX® certification, amplifiers must undergo the industry’s toughest independent bench-testing to satisfy THX® requirements.
Why Upgrade to a TX-RZ810?
Our RZ Series A/V receivers deliver dynamic, detailed, and emotionally captivating sound. Upgraded with a massive transformer, custom 15,000 μF capacitors, and discrete low-NFB amps, the TX-RZ810 produces high instantaneous current for lightning-fast transient response, stunning detail resolution, and ultra-powerful bass to 5 Hz.
Dynamic Audio Amplification for Thrilling Sound
Dynamic Audio Amplification lets music live and breathe thanks to accurate, noise-free signal processing and hi-current power that dynamically controls your speakers, producing rich and authentic sound that fills you with emotion.
Experience DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos®
Introduce object-based Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ sound to your living room, with sound flowing naturally above and around in three dimensions. Discrete effects—such as birdcalls, rain, or the sound of a helicopter—originate from overhead via height channels. Every element in an object-based soundtrack is mixed separately, free to travel from speaker to speaker with lifelike realism.
FlareConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
FlareConnect* shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller** app.
For external input availability, click here
Go Wireless with Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
Chromecast built-in and AirPlay free your music from your smartphone. You can stream audio from compatible applications to your home theater, or stream virtually any mobile or PC audio via Bluetooth technology. Available internet radio and music subscription services include Pandora, Spotify, and more.
Transparent imaging is achieved with various technologies starting at the D/A conversion stage, with VLSC™ helping the 384 kHz/32-bit DAC to assemble digital ones and zeros into a completely noise-free analog signal. Separate digital and analog circuitry prevents interference, while anti-phase-shift amps control timing to ensure wide-spectrum focus at any volume.
Latest Spec HDMI® with Zone 2 Video
HDMI 1-3 inputs support pass-through of HDR10 and Dolby Vision, the BT.2020 4K video standard, 4K/60 Hz video, and HDCP 2.2-protected premium video content untouched from source to screen.
A 6G- and HDCP 2.2/HDR10-compatible Zone 2 HDMI output allows you to enjoy AV sources connected to the receiver in another room.
AccuEQ Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology
AccuEQ equalizes the surround-sound to suit the room acoustics for crisply focused sound, while AccuReflex aligns the phase of upfiring height speakers with sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
Multi-source Playback in Different Zones
Use Powered Zone 2 speaker outputs and Zone 3 line outputs to create a housewide entertainment system, and enjoy different audio sources sent from your A/V receiver in different rooms at the same time.
- THX® Select2™ Theater Reference Certification
- Custom RZ Grade Amplification System with Upgraded Parts
- Dynamic Audio Amplification for Realistic Sound
- DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® up to 5.1.2 Channels
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FlareConnect™* Multi-Room Wireless Technology
- HDMI® 8 In (1 Front) with Main / Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2 / HDR*1)
- Wireless Audio Streaming with Chromecast built-in*, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
* Feature enabled via firmware update.
- THX® Select2™ Theater Reference Certification
- DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Sound Decoding
- 4K/60 Hz-Capable 4:4:4 HDMI® Terminals with HDCP 2.2, Dolby Vision, and HDR10 for Next-Generation UltraHD and Full HD Video Content*1
- Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1 (Compatible Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3) with Advanced Music Optimizer
- Powered Zone 2 and Zone 3 Pre/Line Out
- Zone 2 HDMI Output for 4K/60 Hz Video in Another Room
- Supports TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer(Deezer HiFi*2)*3
- MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, and Apple Lossless Playback Over Network and USB
- Network Hi-Res Audio (DSD 5.6 MHz, 192/24 PCM, Dolby® TrueHD)
- Wireless Network and Analog Audio Transmission to Optional Wireless Speaker via FireConnect™ Technology
- AccuEQ Room Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology for Seamless Object-based Sound from Compatible Speakers (Mic Included)
- Supports Free Onkyo Remote Control & Streaming Apps for iPod touch/iPhone*4 and Android™ Devices*5
*1 6G video and HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI inputs 1/2/3, Main Out, and Sub Out.
*2 Requires free firmware update
*3 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a paid subscription and firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice.
*4 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. All models require iOS 4.2 or later.
*5 Requires Android 2.1 or later.
- Dynamic Audio Amplification with Non-Phase-Shift Amps and Discrete Power Transistors
- Massive Transformer and Custom 15,000 μF Audio Capacitors for Instantaneous High-Current Power
- Copper Bus Bars and Rigid Insulators to Reduce Signal Interference
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) for High-Fidelity Analog Signal
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuitry for S/PDIF Audio
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- AK4458 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (8 Channels x 1)
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/7 Rear), Main, and Zone 2 Outputs
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability
- 7.2 Multichannel Pre-Outs
- Component Video Switching (2 Inputs) and 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial) and 7 Analog Audio Inputs
- Phono Input (MM) for Turntable Connection
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- 12 V Trigger Out (Assignable) with IR Input, Supports IP and RS232
- Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40 ⁄ 50 ⁄ 60 ⁄ 70 ⁄ 80 ⁄ 90 ⁄ 100 ⁄ 120 ⁄ 150 ⁄ 180 ⁄ 200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- New Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- 40 FM/AM and 40 Internet Radio Station Presets
- Certified with DLNA Version 1.5
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Control Knob
- Preprogrammed RI (Remote Interactive) Simple Remote Control
- Power Output: 180 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 215 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 201.5 x 395 mm
- Weight: 14.0 kg