The iconic ‘Planar Three’ returns
Replacing the multi award winning and five times What Hi-Fi? Product of the Year (RP3) was never going to be an easy task. It tookour team of designers headed up by Rega’sRoy Gandy,two years to developthe all new ‘Planar 3′ following thebiggest re-design of the iconic’Three’ model ever seen.
Our teamhave worked tirelessly to improve every aspect of this turntable offering improvedergonomics, usability and firstand foremost, sonic performance.The new ‘Planar 3’ is truly anew turntable for 2016 carrying over just two components fromthe previousmodel.
New featuresof the Planar Three
- Featuring anew bias assembly, re-designed stiffer vertical bearing housing, integrated
- Rega made,new low capacitancephonocable withNeutrikplugs,
- Improved lower friction, precision horizontal and vertical bearings
- New design100gmild steel balance weight.
24V motor –
Motor cover tray
DB Technology (Double Brace Technology)
“Mass absorbs energy – lost energy equals lost music!”
Rega has pioneered the use of lightweight rigid plinths. Clever use of lightweight particulate core with a highly rigid phenolic resin skin became the foundations of the high level of performance achieved by the now iconic original Planar range.
The new Planar 3takes this design philosophy to the next level. A lightweight acrylic laminated plinth strengthenedusing a newimproveddouble brace system mounted specifically where the increased rigidity is required (between the tonearm mounting and the main hub bearing) which forms a structurally sound “stressed beam” assembly. This rigid plinth design prevents energy absorption and unwanted resonance, which will add unnatural distortions to the music.
Equally, heavier mass can transfer more unwanted energy, such as motor or bearing noise directly into the rotating record. The use of braces instead of the complete skin allows double thickness phenolic resin in these key areas while providing further weight reduction to the plinth which directly addresses the issue of mass absorption and unwanted energy transmission.
Hand assembled RB330tonearm.
- high-end audiophile turntable updates Rega’s classicRP3 turntable after 2 years of development. improvements in sonic performance, ergonomics, and useability.
- premountedElys 2 MM cartridge
- newly designed RB330 tonearm offers substantial performance upgrades
- beautiful12mm Optiwhite float glass platter
- high-gloss acrylic finish, improvedstiffer plinth / body
- additional design / performance improvements to braces, bearing housing, sub platter, feet, motor, and motor cover tray
- dustcover included