New for 2021 – new circuit board layout along with a mono switch and other improvements!
The Rogue Audio “Titan MAGNUM” SeriesAn ultra-high performance low noise tube phono preamplifier for low, medium, and high output mc and mm cartridges.
Truly fantastic soundiing!
Magnum version now available – Vinyl lovers are passionate and driven to get the absolute best sound from their system. As good as the Ares is, we regularly received requests for modifications to make it even better. We listened and packaged these modifications together to make the Ares Magnum. The Magnum version adds additional gain for very low output cartridges, improves inner detail , and improves accuracy.
The upgrade includes:
- Cinemag “blue label” step up transformers
- PRP resistors in critical spots of the signal path
- Mundorf Supreme inter-stage coupling caps
- Cardas internal wiring
- Upgraded Cardas RCA jacks
- Compatible with almost all low,medium and high output moving coil (mc) and Moving magnet (mm) cartridges.
- Pure tube circuit topology
- Precise RIAA equalization
- Custom Cinemag step-up transformers
- Massive fully regulated outboard power supply
- Toroidal transformer
- Internal settings with most popular loading options
- Internal setting for 150 Picofared or 0 capacitance loading
- Three gain settings: 40dB, 55dB, 64dB
- Timer delayed start for minimum turn-on noise
- Subsonic filtering
- Ultra heavy-duty gold RCA inputs
- Precision components throughout
- Machined aluminum faceplate
- Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit boards
- Teflon/silver plated hook-up wire
- Detachable IEC power cord
- 17″ W x 9″ D x 5.5″ H
- Entirely designed and built in the USA